When you move you will have so many things to organize. When I moved I seemed to concentrate on the paperwork and the stress of hoping the move would go through I forgot to sort out the basics. When it came to the week of the move I realized I had forgotten to organize a removal company. I was unable to find anyone able to help me as the ones who could charge hundreds of pounds. I finally came across a very useful www.wridgways.com.au so it all worked out in the end.
To avoid experiencing the stress of an unorganized moved I have created a checklist. If you have a move in the near future it might be worth checking through the list to see if there is anything you might have forgotten. Hopefully you will have time to sort it out so as not to cause too many problems on the day.
Six Weeks before Moving Day
- This is obvious really but it is worth putting in just one case. Check and double check the date of the big move.
- Let your landlord know you will be moving if you rent your current property. You may need to give two months’ notice so be aware of this once you have the final date and inform your landlord as soon as possible.
- Find out your home insurance paper work and give the company a call to let them know you will be moving to a new address. You will need to be covered in your new property from the first day just in case there are any breakages when the removal men have left and you start unpacking.
- Call a removal company and book your moving day. Check to see if they have insurance that will cover you if anything gets damaged or lost in the move.
- If you have decided to move yourself ask some friends to lend you a hand. Give them a few weeks’ notice so they are able to give you a definite answer and let you know if they will be available or not.
- Consider booking some storage space if you have many items that you wish to sell or move in the home at a later date. It’s not always possible to sell items of furniture in time for the move, but giving them away might mean you are missing out on some extra cash. Storage space provides an affordable answer, which removes the problem of having items in the new house you don’t really want nor have room for.
- Clear out your belongings that you don’t want to keep or sell. Offer them to your friends or take them to the charity shop. You might also want to consider attending a few car boot sales for the smaller items.
- Think about the soft furnishings in the new house. If you are going to need new sofas, carpets or items of furniture order them in advance as it can take up to six weeks or linger for items to be delivered.
- Call the utility services you use and let them know the date you are moving to avoid receiving bills for the time that you are no longer living in the property.
- If you are leaving the area you will need to inform your doctors and dentist to de-register. Apply for the new doctors and dentists for your new area informing them of when you are moving.
- Arrange your post to be forwarded to your new address.
Remember to hire a Santa Fe Wridgwaysto help you on the big day of the move. Book the date as soon as you can to avoid disappointment.